- 1 (16.6 -oz.) package Oreo cookies
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- dark or milk chocolate for dipping
- colored chocolate for decorating
- Ziploc bags or cake decorating bags
- In food processor, crush cookies to fine crumb consistency.
- Cut cream cheese into several chunks and add to food processor. Pulse until mixture forms a large clump.
- Remove mixture from food processor, place in bowl. Use a spoon or a melon baller to scoop out 1-2 teaspoon of the mixture, roll between palms to form 1-inch balls. Chill for 30+ minutes.
- Place chocolate in microwave-safe bowl, and microwave for 1 minute. Stir, then continue to microwave in 15-second increments, stirring each time, until chocolate is melted.
- Dip Oreo balls into chocolate, fishing out with a plastic fork. (TIP: Break off the inner tines of the fork, leaving only the outside tines. This makes maneuvering the balls much easier.) Gently tap the fork against the side of the bowl to release any extra chocolate before placing the balls on a cookie sheet to harden.
- Now for the fun part: Place colored chocolate in the ziploc bag or the cake decorating bag. Microwave for 1 minute to start, followed by 15-second increments, massaging bag between nuking to help chocolate melt. When all melted, cut a teeny-tiny bit off the plastic bag and very gently squeeze chocolate using back and forth motion across the truffles to decorate with stripes.
- When chocolate is hardened, I refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Mexican Pita Pockets
1 can of black beans
1 can of corn
1 ripe avocado chopped up into chunks
1/2 cup of shredded veggie white cheddar (mozzarella is fine too)
1 large tomato diced
1 small diced purple onion
Salt and pepper
2 Pita Pockets cut length-wise
1. Rinse black beans and place in pot over a medium-to-high heat for 10 minutes.
2. After beans are warm take them off burner and place into a bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Add corn, avocado, tomato, onion, a few pieces of cilantro, and mix together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Fill pita pocket halves with mixture and top with a sprinkle of cheese.
DISCLAIMER! Super Candy is a blog of a Newbie Cook aspiring to provide mouth watering reads. On this blog the author shares her personal cooking experience, dugged up recipes and reblogs of delicious and scrumptious looking photographs.
If you would like to share a recipe, feel free to send it over using the submit button.